Our Privacy Commitment
At, O Segredo do Mar – Têxteis e Vestuário Lda (hereinafter referred to as OSDM), we understand that the use of your personal data requires your trust. The confidentiality and integrity of your personal data is one of our main concerns. We are subject to the highest privacy standards and will only use your personal data for clearly identified purposes.
All your personal information collected will be used to help you make your visit to our website as productive and enjoyable as possible.
Data Protection Officer
OSDM has appointed a Data Protection Officer. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our policies or practices for processing Personal Data, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the following address:
A/C Encarregado de Proteção de Dados
Rua de Santa Luzia 161
4250-417 Porto | Portugal
Collection and Purposes of Processing of Personal Data
Your personal data will be collected and processed by OSDM in the following situations:
- to respond to a request/ question/ suggestion on the website
- application for a job open position by sending a CV on the website
- subscription to the newsletter and similar marketing campaigns on the website
- when you contact us by phone for information about our services or products
- to manage Client B2B services
- When you contact us through social networks
- when or send us a spontaneous application by e-mail
- when you participate in one of our marketing campaigns or one of our events;
- if your data is sent to us by our partners or by third parties, to the extent that the requirements in this regard provided for in data protection legislation have been verified.
Personal data we may collect:
- URL Linkedin
- URL Portfolio
- Information relating to connection data (IP address, cookies, logs or other tracking technologies);
- details of your request.
OSDM assumes that the data collected is accurate and correct and that it was shared and authorized by the respective data holder. If you are under 16 years of age we will need the permission of your parents or guardians to collect your personal data.
Lawfulness for the processing of personal data
All the information collected is recorded, used and protected in accordance with current EU Data Protection Legislation. Under which, the processing of personal data must be justified by at least one legal basis. Your data will be processed on a legal basis under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and for the following purposes:
- Contractual obligations within our B2B clients – Art. 6º(1) al. b) – GDPR
- Respond to requests for information and questions, applications for open positions, as well as the sending of our Newsletter.
Whenever you use the “Contact Us” option of our website, and/or subscribe to our Newsletter, the processing of your data takes place on the basis of your consent (Art 6º (1) al. a) – GDPR).
- Compliance with legal obligations – OSDM is subject to a multitude of legal obligations. We will process your personal data to transmit it to governmental and/or supervisory authorities for compliance with a legal obligation (Artº6 (1) al. c) – GDPR).
- Promotional communications, campaigns and sending of vouchers based on consent – Art. 6º, n.º 1, al. a) – GDPR.
If you have given us your consent to the further use of your data, it may be used in accordance with the scope described in the respective declaration of consent.
You may withdraw your consent to any consent(see point 5. Rights of the Holder).
We will collect your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with these obligations and transmit it to the authorities upon notification. In addition, we will process your personal data to the extent necessary for management of legal and/or judicial actions.
Data Holder Rights
As a data holder you have the right to request access to your personal data that we hold; to request that we erase your personal data to the extent that they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we need to keep processing them; To request that we rectify the personal data that we hold; To request that we cancel or limit the processing of your personal data, which entails that in certain cases you can request us to temporally suspend the processing of the data or that we keep them longer than necessary; you will also have the right to object to the processing of your data.
- you may exercise your rights free of charge by writing us an email to a single e-mail address: email@example.com or by sending a request by post, addressed:
Data Protection Officer
Rua de Santa Luzia 161
4250-417 Porto | Portugal
Your request will be treated with special care so that we can ensure compliance with your rights. You may be asked to confirm your identity in order to ensure that the sharing of personal data is only done with the data subject.
You should be aware that in certain cases (e.g. due to legal requirements, resolving disputes, preventing fraud, for our legitimate interests and enforcing our agreements) your request may not be satisfied immediately.
In any case, you will be informed of the measures taken to this end within one month from the moment the request is made.
Finally, we inform you that you have the right to file a claim before the responsible data protection regulatory authority – if you believe that the processing of your data violates the legal regime in force: List of All Supervisory Authorities in Europe.
Cookies may be used on this website to improve performance and browsing experience, speed and website efficiency and, on the other hand, to eliminate the need to repeatedly enter the same information. For more information we advise you to consult the Cookies Policy.
How to manage cookies
You can delete cookies at any time or automatically blocking them from your browser. However, disabling cookies may prevent some services from working properly, affecting partially or totally, the navigation of the website.
For more information about cookies, including setting your browser to reject them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Data Sharing with third parties
- Supervisory authorities and/ or government authorities – Compliance with legal obligations and/or court orders, in particular under the legal duties of collaboration with institutions and public authorities.
- Subcontracted entities that provide services within the scope of the services provided for this Policy – Under the terms of the contracts concluded with them.
- Compliance with a legal obligation/court order (where applicable) – To comply with legal obligation.
- Service providers contractually linked to OSDM – Contractual fulfilment.
Transfer of Personal Data to third countries
For reasons of service efficiency, some of the providers linked to OSDM may be located in territories outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In such cases, we guarantee that your personal data will be treated in accordance with appropriate security measures, in compliance with the legal provisions applicable in the European Union, such as by entering into Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission.
Retention Period of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be kept for the period of time necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or for the period of time necessary to comply with your obligations under European laws or laws and regulations, to which OSDM has to respond.
If the user has given his consent to the processing of his personal data for marketing purposes, such data will be kept until the consent is revoked.
How we keep your personal data secure
We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to help protect and maintain the security, integrity and availability of your personal data.
Although the transmission of data via the internet or website cannot guarantee complete security against intrusion, we and our service providers have made the best efforts to implement and maintain physical, electronic and procedural security measures designed to protect your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection requirements. Among others, we have implemented the following:
- All data transmitted on the website uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) standard. SSL is a proven secure standard. You can confirm that the connection is secure by using the https attachment: // (…) in the browser address and/or the browser lock icon;
- Restricted personal access to your personal data based on the criterion of granularity and only within the scope of the purposes communicated;
- Transfer of data collected only in encrypted form;
- Storage of highly sensitive data only in encrypted form;
- Protection of IT systems through firewalls in order to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data;
- Permanent monitoring of access to information technology systems in order to prevent, detect and prevent the misuse of your personal data.
Date of last update: May 2023